Re: Fwd: question about CBW SCSI commands

Hi:

2009/5/22 Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009, loody wrote:
>
>> Hi all:
>
>> Recently I find another question about SCSI command on usb flash.
>> We use CBW to wrap scsi commands on usb flash.
>> But the command length of CBW has the limitation of 16 bytes.
>> Does that mean the size of all scsi command used by USB flash cannot
>> exceed 16 bytes?
>
> Yes, it does.  Do you know any SCSI commands that are longer than 16
> bytes?
>
> Alan Stern
thanks for your help.
I check the SCSI command specs again.
The max length of fix-length CDB formats is 16 bytes.
But it seems the variable-length CDB will be larger than 16 bytes.
(I never use variable-length CDBs before.and I have no idea how and
under what condition it will be used.)
appreciate your help,
miloody