Re: Why there is a refcnt check when we change configfs property

Hi Peter,

W dniu 08.04.2019 o 09:00, Peter Chen pisze:

Andrzej, would you tell us why you introduce refcnt for driver's
configfs opts? And why it is needed to judge for "store" operation?

The reason is that a function can be linked to more than one configuration. Imagine
this sequence: you create a function, set its parameters and then create a
configuration. Then you declare "I want this function in my configuration". You can
decide that you want that particular function instance because you already know
how it is configured and are fine with that state. Think of it as a contract between
the function and the configuration.

Now, suppose some other configuration is created and in that configuration a similar
function is needed. The creator of that other configuration might be tempted to
modify the existing and already used function (linked to a configuration), thus
breaking the contract between the function and the first configuration.

Thanks, Andrzej.

But we designed "store" entry for function drivers, we can't use it now.
Is it possible let the parameters per function device instead of function driver?
Or like module parameters, let the user change one time at least.

Can you please describe your use case?

Andrzej