Re: Bug: VHCI + USB 3.0

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019, Bollinger, Seth wrote:

> > Seth, you can try adding:
> >
> >  blk_queue_virt_boundary(sdev->request_queue, 1024 - 1)
> >
> > in drivers/usb/storage/scsiglue.c:slave_alloc(), just after the call to
> > blk_queue_update_dma_alignment().  Perhaps that will help
> >

> I will do that as a test.  However, I’m concerned that we’re solving only a specific case.  Won’t it fail in a similar way if a different subsystem does the same thing (USB modem or video drivers, etc.)?

Those other drivers don't use the block device interface, as far as I
know.  So they would have to use other methods for addressing the
potential problems in any case.  usb-storage is perhaps distinct in
that it doesn't generate the scatter-gather lists that it uses, but
instead has to work with whatever the block layer provides.

Alan Stern