Re: Bug: VHCI + USB 3.0

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, Bollinger, Seth wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2019, at 11:08 AM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
> Can you provide the "lsusb -v" output for the storage device as shown
> on both computers?  I want to see if the server and the client disagree
> on the maxpacket sizes for the bulk endpoints.  The key is that 3584 is
> a multiple of 512 but not of 1024.
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> Physical device:

> Virtual Device:

So no disagreement; in both cases the maxpacket values are 1024.
Clearly this will not work if a Scatter-Gather component has length
3584.

In fact, this bug has nothing at all to do with VHCI.  You would
observe the same problem if you performed all the accesses on the
host computer.

In theory, the device should report a block size of 1024.  Does it
actually do this?  A usbmon trace (on the host) showing what happens
when the device is first plugged in will provide the answer.  Can you
collect one and post it?

Alan Stern