FTDI Serial shutdown

Hi,

 I am Leonardo from Adtec Corporation Japan.

 I'm new to USB serial drivers and I have some few questions.
 A bit of background of what I intend to do, we're trying to disable the USB
 port by controlling the USB VBUS via GPIO. For usb storage devices, the
 device is removed and references to /dev/ is removed. For FTDI usb serial
 device, there is still a reference to /dev/ttyUSB . Is this a bug or by
 design?

Best Regards,
Leonardo