Re: Missing Thunderbolt 3 PCI-E atomics support

On Wed, 2019-03-13 at 07:34 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 02:16:47PM +0100, Timur Kristóf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > PCI-E atomics don't work for me with a Thunderbolt 3 bridge.
> > I see the following message from my Thunderbolt 3 eGPU in dmesg:
> >
> > kfd: skipped device 1002:67df, PCI rejects atomics
> >
> > Hardware is a Dell XPS 13 9370 (with i7-8550U CPU) connected to a
> > Zotac
> > AMP mini, with an AMD RX 570 graphics card. Due to this, I cannot
> > use
> > the GPU for OpenCL, because the compute stack requires PCI-E
> > atomics
> > support [1].
> >
> > What could be the problem? Is this a hardware limitation or a
> > missing
> > feature in the Linux TB driver?
>
> I would suggest asking the Linux thunderbolt driver authors and the
> graphics developers.  Us USB developers have nothing to do with that
> :)

Thanks Greg!
I couldn't find a mailing list for Thunderbolt so I assumed the TB
driver authors hang out on this mailing list. If not, sorry for the
noise! Please let me know which mailing list (or what other place) is
appropriate to ask this question.

Best regards,
Tim