Re[2]: USB bug

You should always use Reply-To-All so that your message gets sent to
the mailing list as well as to me.  But when you do, use plain text
only -- the mailing list doesn't like HTML text.

Also, don't top-post.  And tell your email client to wrap lines after
72 columns or so.

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019, Harutyun Khachatryan wrote:

> Dear Alan Stern,
>
> actually it works with any kernel with version number <4.15. Now I am

You can try using git bisect to find the particular commit between
kernel versions 4.14 and 4.15 which caused the bad behavior.

> using kernel 4.4, but as you may know it will reach to EOL soon. Also
> I am unable to use any new linux distro except ubuntu 16.04.1. I am
> new in posting a bug, so I attached dmesg log to this email. I just
> ran a command 'dmesg > boot_dmesg' and 'dmesg > usb_dmesg' after
> attaching an usb stick device. If it not sufficient I will try to
> post it to mail-list later and/or will rum other command. Thank you
> in advance.

The log doesn't contain much useful information, unfortunately.
Nothing showed up when the memory stick was plugged in.  Did you plug
it into a USB-2 port or into a USB-3 port?  Or into the dock?  Can you
post a dmseg log showing what happens if the memory stick is already
plugged in when you boot?

What happens if, after booting, you unplug one of the devices that was
attached at boot time?  And then if you plug the device back in?  Does
anything show up in the dmseg log when those things happen?

Alan Stern