Re: ptp-gadget: official Linux Foundation Vendor and Product IDs

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Guennadi Liakhovetski <lg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a short announcement: ptp-gadget has been assigned official Vendor and
> Product IDs:
>
> .idVendor       = 0x1d6b,       /* Linux Foundation */
> .idProduct      = 0x0100,       /* PTP Gadget */
>
> (__constant_cpu_to_le16() omitted for readability:-))
>
> The respective commit has been tagged with v1.1 and as usual is available
> for download from http://git.denx.de/ptp-gadget.git.
>
> Thanks
> Guennadi
> ---
> Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
>
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
> Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office@xxxxxxx
> --

Hello!
This is good news. And I just successfully completed a "git clone"
command sequence with that information. However when running the
resultant program, besides getting the complaint regarding no device
/dev/gadget, which I expected since I have not found the appropriate
device for this, it tells me the version of the program to be v1.0
rather then the v1.1 which I expected from the announcement.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@xxxxxxxxx
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."