Re: Bus noise periodically causes ci_hdrc IRQ lockup

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019, Chandler Griscom wrote:

> Yesterday I found this repeated message by enabling dynamic debugging
> for the chipidea and ehci modules; it might reveal something about
> where it gets stuck:
>
>   ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.0: IAA watchdog: status ce088 cmd 10075 That seems to
> line up with what's found in debugfs ehci registers: status ce088 PPCE
> Async Periodic Recl FLR command 0010075 (park)=0 ithresh=1 IAAD Async
> Periodic period=512 RUN

For what it's worth, this indicates a bug in the USB controller, not
lost IRQs.  The controller is supposed to turn on the IAA bit in the
status register shortly (i.e., a few ms at most) after the IAAD bit
gets set in the command register.  The watchdog routine get invoked
after 10 ms, and both it and the debugfs file indicate that IAAD is set
but IAA isn't.

Not sure what that means as far as your setup is concerned, though.

Alan Stern