Re: [BUG] mt76x0u: Probing issues on Raspberry Pi 3 B+

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:12:57AM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2019, Lorenzo Bianconi wrote:
>
> > Here it is a different issue respect to the AMD IOMMU one, dwc2 host driver
> > does not implement SG I/O so probing fails. I guess it is still useful to
> > implement a 'legacy' mode that enable mt76 on host controllers that do not implement
> > SG I/O (rpi is a very common device so it will be cool to have mt76 working on
> > it). Moreover we are not removing functionalities, user experience will remain
> > the same
>
> Has anyone considered adding SG support to dwc2?  It shouldn't be very
> difficult.  The corresponding change for ehci-hcd required adding no
> more than about 30 lines of code.

That would be cool. Perhaps somebody with dwc2 hardware could do this.

However in mt76x02u we possibly would like to support other usb host
drivers with sg_tablesize = 0 . I would like to clarify what is correct
to do with such drivers.

Is ok to pass buffer via urb->sg with urb->num_sgs = 1 ? Or maybe
urb->num_sgs should be 0 to pass buffer via urb->sg on such drivers ?
Or maybe non of above is correct and the only option that will work
in 100% is pass buffer via urb->transfer_buffer ?

Stanislaw