Re: tusb1210 probe of dwc3.0.auto.ulpi fails with EBUSY on 4.19+

On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 11:50:53AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Somewhat off topic, but:
> >
> > To be exact my device does not have them in the (original) ACPI table
> > either. At the moment I override the ACPI DSDT table because there are
> > some things I haven't found other workarounds for. (It's horrible..)
> >
> > Some examples:
> >   - The BCM2E3A Bluetooth device is listed as child under the wrong UART
> >     controller device, so the kernel never manages to power it up properly
> >   - The rt5640 (audio codec) device has one of the Bluetooth GPIOs listed
> >     as interrupt instead of the correct one
> >   - The GPIOs for the goodix touchscreen were hardcoded in the stock kernel,
> >     and are therefore entirely missing in the ACPI table
> >
> > Granted, this device was never intended to be used with a generic
> > kernel (see my response to your question what hardware I have below),
> > but nevertheless it is really annoying.
>
> I've one BYT tablet which is/was Android only, which also has some seriously
> borked DSTD, but it has an unlocked BIOS and I flipped the OS choice there
> (this is a weird thing BYT BIOSes have) to Windows then all of sudden I got
> the right DSTD. Asus BIOS-es are typically locked and don't show this option,
> but it is probably worth it to take a look.

For reference: I decided to go ahead and tried changing that option on
my device. It still booted normally as usual, but everything else was
as usual too: still exactly the same DSDT. That option does not seem to
have any effect on my device. :/

I have found workarounds for all of the problems, so I guess I will just
have to live with it..

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!
Stephan