Re: usb: CPU 100% hog upon device removal

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 3:17 AM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 01:28:36AM +0900, Ju Hyung Park wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using the latest stable tree v4.19.8,
> > and I'm noticing kworker and ksoftirqd hogging up the CPU
> > upon removing any USB devices on my laptop.
> >
> > This issue was not present on any kernels below v4.19.
>
> Can you run 'git bisect' to track down the offending commit?

I can, but I was hoping to get some pointers from the maintainers to
quickly get down to the culprit.

I will run 'git bisect' later when I get a chance,
would greatly appreciate it if someone hints me towards possible culprits.

I should probably also mention that the kernel seems to be fine
with physical removal.

Only when I do soft removal: sysfs echo 1 > remove
seems to cause the issue.

Thanks,