Re: usbfs, claiming entire usb devices

Hi,

> It has not been worked on.  There was a lot of discussion, and we sort
> of reached a consensus about what was needed, but no patches have been
> posted.

Could you please point me towards / inform me about what was that consensus?
I got lost in the various threads after a while :)

>> P.S., note that it would be fine for my usecase if the user has to
>> unplug the device, turn it off even
>> and replug it after the port is "grabbed" to make sure the device is
>> in a clean state.
Surely the goal is to "grab" devices. But since these grabs must persist across
resets/disconnects/reconnects we would effectively grab "ports", right?

I got the impression that this was how vmware and early xen worked.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Pantelis