Re: USB driver resets

On 03.12.2018 12:36, Richard van der Hoff wrote:
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I could set about debugging this? I'm seeing the same symptoms on a 4.19 kernel.

On 19/11/2018 15:27, Richard van der Hoff wrote:
I have a USB-3.1 dock, which I use for video (via displayport alt mode) and power delivery, as well as keyboard, mouse, etc.

From time to time, all connectivity with the dock drops out for a few seconds, before resetting itself. I'm trying to pin down if this is a problem with the usb drivers, pci drivers, laptop hardware, or the dock. It looks to me from the dmesg output like it could be a problem at the PCI layer, but I am only speculating really.

Attached are the dmesg output during the problem, lsusb -v, and lspci -v. They are all recorded with a 4.15.0 kernel; I've seen exactly the same symptoms with a number of kernels between 4.8 and 4.15.

Advice appreciated!

Mika (cc) would be the right person to contact about these kind of thunderbolt related issues.
I'm sure he would appreciate logs with a 4.19 - 4.20-rcx kernel.

-Mathias