Re: [2.6.30-rc2] usb reset during big file transfer and ext3 error

> I will try again with a shorter and newer cable. Let's see how that
> works. BTW, is there any way to check the quality of a cable? I have a
> multimeter here and I would be willing to do some extensive tests.

I don't know of any good way to check a cable.

If you have host->hub->disk, then you need 2 cables.  If host->disk works
with both cables, they are probably good.

The cable has 2 pairs, one for data and one for power/ground.  It's possible
that somebody did something really strange, like swap a couple of wires on
both ends so that a meter will say the wiring is OK the pairs don't match up.
 That might work at slow speeds but not at high speeds.  This is all getting
pretty unlikely.