Support Mac address pass through on Dell DS1000 dock

I have a Dell latitude 5285 laptop connected to a Dell DS1000 docking station through an usb-c cable.
Both devices are supposed to support Mac Address "pass through", that is, the internal laptop mac address is used instead of the mac address of the docking station.
Unfortunately, this does not seem to work under linux.
When I type "ip a", I get the mac adress of the docking station.
And the network does not work.
Is this supposed to work under linux?
I saw a commit related to this issue here:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/34ee32c9a5696247be405bb0c21f3d1fc6cb5729
but it does not specifically mention the Dell DS1000.
Thanks!