Re: USB Bluetooth dongle stop response with timeout error

On Mi, 2018-11-07 at 13:20 +0800, Morikazu Fumita wrote:

Hi,

> Hello Oliver,
>
> I got rid of the network bridge but the timeout error still happens so I
> can rule out the bridge now.

Good.

> I also got USB packet dump and found that the error is happening
> regardless of HCI commands.
>
> One example is below. I just inserted the USB dongle when I got the
> following errors.
> [  145.046503] Bluetooth: hci0: command 0x1002 tx timeout
> [  147.086503] Bluetooth: hci0: command 0x0c52 tx timeout
> [  149.121499] Bluetooth: hci0: command 0x0c45 tx timeout
> [  151.166503] Bluetooth: hci0: command 0x0c58 tx timeout
>
> Please find the USB packet dump attached.

I have trouble reading this. How did you make it?
What does it view with?

> In frame no. 161, the host sent HCI command 0x1002 (Read Local Supported
> Commands).
> Then the USB dongle tried to respond to that from frame no. 163 but it
> did not sent all fragment packets. It seems to stop response in the middle.
> Finally, above "0x1002 tx timeout" happened.

Did you try to repeat this from cold boot?

> As for frame no. 165, the host sent 0x0c52 (Write Extended Inquiry
> Response) but there was no response to it then above "0x0c52 tx timeout"
> happened.
>
> This is just one example. The USB dongle can be successfully inserted
> and working for a while but suddenly stops response to HCI commands like
> this example.
> It seems there is no specific HCI commands to cause the problem.
>
> I do not find out what is the trigger of it yet.
> Do you have any thoughts from this point?

Have you tried ruling out LPM and other runtime PM?
This looks like a bluetooth issue, not specifically USB so we
are kind of the wrong mailing list. There is one for Bluetooth.

	Regards
		Oliver