Re: usb: dwc3: dwc3 errors while video streaming with uvc-gadget

Hello,

On Friday, 2 November 2018 11:50:47 EET Roger Quadros wrote:
> On 15/10/18 19:34, Terence Neill wrote:
> > Hi Felipe,
> >
> > I am having some issues when attempting to stream 1280x720 uncompressed
> > video @ 10fps over a USB 2.0 High-Speed link.
> >
> > The system setup is:
> >
> > WebCam --- USB 2.0 link --->  x86 Linux Machine running uvc-gadget ----
> > USB 2.0 link ---> x86 Host Machine running Windows 10.
> >
> > When running this setup, I am experiencing the following:
> >
> > 1. With streaming_maxpacket set to 2048 (2 transactions per microframe)
> > the video will stream for approximately one minute before terminating
> > with "VS request completed with status -18" reported in the kernel logs.
> >
> > 2. With streaming_maxpacket set to 3072 (3 transactions per microframe)
> > the video does not stream at all with "VS request completed with status
> > -18" reported in the error logs.
>
> There were some updates pushed recently to the uvc-gadget utility [1].
> Could you please try with that and see if this issue still persists? Thanks.
>
> [1] http://git.ideasonboard.org/uvc-gadget.git

Worth a try, but I don't think this will make a difference. The UVC gadget
function driver is known not to handle missed isoc intervals correctly. I
started having a look at that, but unfortunately had to move to other
projects, and I don't know when I'll have the time to get back to this issue
:-/

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart