Re: Sabrent USB 3.0 to SSD // "UAS is blacklisted for this device, using usb-storage instead"

Hi Oliver,

I'm currently using the latest 4.18.12 mainline ( on Arch
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/linux/ ), and yes
you're right I am NOT using UAS at the moment. The link I left is
because I noticed those errors on dmesg, and I thought I had it
enabled. This is why I am writing to you right now :)

I personally think the SSD sometimes hangs because TRIM commands are
not sent properly to the adapter. Although I'm not 100% sure, this is
why I would like to test UAS.

Can you please point me to the right instructions for trying UAS on my
adapter? So I can report back the outcome.

Also I noticed that is blacklisted because it's detected as ASMedia (
although it's JMicron ) and falls in one of the four cases that checks
for speed ( or something like that, I can't find the link to the
source code again otherwise I would have pointed to the code line ).

Thank you again for your help and best regards,
Julian Xhokaxhiu
Full Stack Developer, IT Practised (ISCED 4)
https://julianxhokaxhiu.com/