Re: [BUG REPORT] usb: dwc3: Failed to link at superspeed in device mode

Hi Thomas,

first of all, thanks for following the documentation when reporting a
bug, much appreciated.

Thomas JOURDAN <thomas.jourdan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On the UP2 board, it is not possible in device mode to get the USB3.0
> OTG port working at superspeed. It is unclear yet if it is a bug in
> the Linux DWC3 driver or the board itself.
>
> I have tried many cables, different host computers (Windows or Linux),
> and the connection always links at hi-speed. In host mode, it works
> fine at super speed. I tried many kernels, from upboard official one
> to latest RC version ans the problem persists.

So, it doesn't work with UP's original kernel either? Then I'm pretty
sure either the board doesn't support super speed on the micro-b
connector, or the board is faulty.

> GUID = 0x00041300

4.19. Cool, thanks for testing mainline

> DCFG = 0x004e0814

maximum speed is set to super speed

> [   74.055170] g_ether gadget: high-speed config #2: RNDIS

but it enumerates in high speed.

From your trace.txt, I don't see the early enumeration phase, so I can't
comment one what happened during that time. Care to rerun this so that
we have early enumeration? I need to see a Reset Event on the trace as
that's the first event when you first plug your usb cable.

--
balbi