Re: Inaccessible dual-role port on CherryTrail

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 09:00:30AM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> > I'm running a 4.9.115 kernel built using Yocto with a few patches applied
> > to enable HDMI audio.
>
> 4.9 is really old by now, and lots and lots of USB-C and dwc3 and xhci
> changes have happened in the almost 2 years since that kernel was
> released.  You might want to try 4.18 to see if your issues are already
> solved, have you tried that?

Thanks for your feedback. I have not tried this yet. This evening I've
been reading some upstream patches, looking through Yocto BSPs for similar
platforms, and also referencing the Android kernel and I've come to a
simlar realization that a lot has changed with the host and device
controller drivers. Developers have put in a lot of work to improve
CherryTrail and BayTrail support throughout the kernel. I'll try a
4.18 kernel on my board and report the results. Thanks again for the
suggestion!

Cheers,
Rob Weber