Re: ptp-gadget: now also working with MS Windows hosts

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, David Brownell wrote:

> On Thursday 23 April 2009, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > the ptp-gadget user-space driver has reached version 1.0 (tag v1.0 under
> > git://git.denx.de/ptp-gadget.git), which marks stricter standard
> > compliance to the extent that also MS Windows hosts (tested with XP SP3)
> > now also work with it. Enjoy.
>
> And thereby becomes even more cool!  :)
>
> So this can talk to Gphoto and such now?

It worked with gphoto2 (i.e., with all libgphoto2 applications like gtkam
and others) from the very first announcements as well as with Mac OS X.
Getting it to work with Windows was more tricky mostly because I didn't
have any to test. Now we've also got a Linux USB device ID for ptp-gadget,
which I still have to commit to the repository, and then we'll just wait
for a patch-flood implementing push, directory "browsing", capture and all
other cool features of PIMA 15740:2000:-)

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.