Re: Nothing in /sys/class/udc

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 4:50 PM Ranran <ranshalit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 4:22 PM Ranran <ranshalit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Why do you think the dwc3 driver will work here?  Do you really have
> > > this hardware being emulated?
> > >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I check it with Intel's E3900.
> > In datasheet, I can't find it being described in details in datasheet,
> > yet being linked with another document ("see Section Little-Endian and
> > Big-Endian in the DWC SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Controller User Guide" )
> > https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/612/atom-e3800-family-datasheet-915661.pdf
> > I have installed module dwc3 and also dwc2 (both compiled as modules),
> > but nothing appear in /sys/class/udc
> > I also tried to add all options in device-drivers->usb->usb
> > gadget->usb peripheral control into kernel, (not as modules, but built
> > into kernel).
> > Yet, on checking
> > ls /sys/class/udc
> > I only find dummy_udc.0 , and nothing else.
> >

> I suspect that there is no device controller supported with this com
> express (congatec type 10), probably this is the only explanations for
> the empty  /sys/class/udc.

A fix for my last comment:
usb device controller should be supported with conga-MA5 (contains
Intel's appolo lake), so I am still not sure why I find /sys/class/udc
empty.
In congatec MA-5 document it is said:
"The conga-MA5 offers six USB 2.0 interfaces on the COM Express
connector including one USB 2.0 Dual Role port. The xHCI host
controller in the SoC complies with USB standard 1.1 and 2.0 with
high-speed, full-speed and low-speed USB signalling. Note USB Dual
Role is only supported under Linux. The port is a standard USB Host
port under Windows."
Maybe some configuration in my .config is missing ? (I enabled all
controllers in device-drivers->usb->usb-> gadget->usb peripheral
control , so I am not sure what is still missing)

Thank you for any idea,
ranran