Re: UDC ep0 desc or no desc

On Mon, 2018-06-25 at 13:28 +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:

> > > That would be a pretty strange thing to do.  I'd say it's not worth
> > > worrying about until somebody makes that mistake.
> >
> > Well, things like usb_endpoint_maxp() seem not *completely* far fetched
> > but yeah EP0 is usually special enough that it should be ok. That said,
> > I noticed some UDC drivers to setup a dummy desc there so I was
> > wondering ...
>
> dwc3 does that, but it's really just for convenience. It was easier to
> have the descriptor and share the biggest part of the code for the code
> of a tiny little descriptor data.

Ok. I can't reproduce the crashes with upstream anyway. I do see
problems with RNDIS including what looks like transfers queued to EP0
after a SETUP packet in the wrong state, so I'll dig into this, but no
crashes.

I suspect what Ryan (from Aspeed) has been observing with his backport
is some 4.9 problems not directly related to my driver.

Cheers,
Ben.