Re: [CDC-ACM] Linux USB "Reduced" CDC-ACM driver

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Vincent <vincent.del.medico@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The actual Linux CDC-ACM driver is waiting for 2 interfaces ( 1 for DATA and 1
> for COMM ), so, the eZ430u tool does'nt work with Linux.
>
> I made a small patch to "correct" this ( attached below ).
>
> I wanted to have some feedbacks about this patch. As I suppose the eZ430u is NOT
> the only device in the world that exports only 1 interface for CDC-ACM, I think
> it would be nice if the Linux CDC-ACM Driver could support it.

I believe it does not even work at Vista. It happens to work under XP.
Reference: https://community.ti.com/forums/p/1395/4941.aspx

Last time there was a long discussion in usb.org Forum where
Jan Axelson listed several options trying to support a USB composite
device involving one CDC-ACM device. The thread is now gone due
to the usb.org forum's stupid data retention policy. Anyway, I have
it mirrored here.
http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=189607&mpage=2

So I guess there are some USB composite device with
this kind of non-compliant CDC interface since Windows does not
support IAD well last time (XP SP3 and Vista SP1 works). But if it is
not a composite device, this is the first time I know of a non-compliant
CDC-ACM device trying to use Windows' built-in usbser.sys. If it
has its own driver, that is another story.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com