Re: [Query] checking hub port status while USB 2.0 port is resuming.

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018, Anshuman Gupta wrote:

> Yes we are getting those PM events but not consistently after debugging
> I came to know that we are getting these host controller PM wakeup events,
> but these events are only generated for newly plugged-in device.

That is very strange.  If the system is suspended, and a keypress on a
USB keyboard (for example) causes the system to wake up, then
pm_wakeup_event() _should_ be called for the host controller.

If it isn't getting called then there might be a bug in the ACPI
subsystem.  I have CC'ed Rafael and the Linux PM mailing list, perhaps
they can help track this down.

Can you post the output from "lspci -vv" for your xHCI host controller?

It's also worth noting that by default, USB host controllers are set up
so that plugging in or unplugging a device will not wake up the system,
but a wakeup request received from a device will.  I wonder why your
system does not behave this way.  What is the power/wakeup setting for
your root hub?

> Will it be OK to send this patch for review, if you don't have any specific
> concern.

First I want to clear up this issue about wakeup events not being
reported for host controllers.  Once that is working correctly you may
not even need the patch.

Alan Stern

PS: I noticed that your email messages (other than the first one in
this thread) are getting delivered to me but not to the linux-usb
mailing list.  Do you have any idea why that is?  Can you fix it?