Re: Fwd: usb: uas: device reset most the time while enumeration- usb3.0

Manu,
On 2018-05-18 16:10, Manu Gautam wrote:
Hi,

On 2018-04-05 12:39, Felipe Balbi wrote:
Hi,

On 2018-04-05 11:24, Felipe Balbi wrote:
Hi,

Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 05:14:50PM +0530, tnimkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
Hi Oliver/Greg,

I am able to duplicated the UAS issue on 4.16 as well.
The behavior is same new usb device detects and reset after aprox 30
sec(SD_TIMEOUT)
Logs are already shared below.

We are using Synopsys dwc3 as host controller, May I know have tested
it
with dwc3?
I have tried it on Linux PC (x86 Ubuntu machine) I could not see the
issue.
It enumerates well.

Great, stick with an x86 platform!  :)

Looks like a dwc3 host controller issue, try enabling tracing and
debugging in that driver when this happens to see what is going on.
Also look at all of the recent dwc3 patches that were just sent to
Linus
for 4.17-rc1 to verify if that solves the issue.

dwc3's host side is xhci compliant :-) Some revisions have some quirks
which may not all be supported.

Felipe, "not all be supported" do u mean some xhci compliant host do
not support uas? and they have such quirks already defined?

No. I mean that some of dwc3's host side quirks may not have workarounds
implemented

Tushar, which dwc3 revision are you using? Have you gotten in touch
with
it is DWC3_REVISION_300A   ..3.0a

that's rather recent...

We have seen some data stall issues on 3.00a core in SS mode.
Workaround was to set EnableEpCacheEvict bit (12)  in GUCTL2 register. You can
try that as well.
yes.. I am aware about this workaround.I have already tried this.
Still issue is able to reproduce.

your HW designers to ask for Errata List? A run with xhci tracepoints
will response you, let me cross check once again with errata list.

okay
there is no uas related stuff in errata list, Felipe.

--
Best Regards,
Tushar R Nimkar

QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation