Re: USB, Help, Keyboard being dropped

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 01:43:35PM -0400, ant wrote:

> Did I not say it right?
>
> Or perhaps a kernel or some other issue?
>

> =====
>

> (no need to CC I'm subscribed to list),
>
> Hello,
>
>   My USB keyboard is being dropped by the kernel at various times
> and I cannot figure out how to fix this.  Maybe I have messed up
> somewhere but I think I'm reading the documents right.  :)
>
>   I'm using a recent Debian kernel and running Debian Testing/Unstable
> but the kernel is coming from Experimental.
>
> Linux ant 4.17.0-rc3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.17~rc3-1~exp1 (2018-04-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
>   And I've also tried kernel straight from Linus tree, doesn't seem
> to be any different.
>
>   I've also made sure the keyboard is plugged into various USB
> ports and of versions both 2.0 and 3.1 and also tried changing
> through the bios any legacy and handoff settings to verify that
> they didn't solve this problem.
>
>   I've captured logs from journalctl and udevadm which makes me
> think that this is coming from the kernel (they are at the end).
> If it helps I have a combined log from the console captured by
> script command.

What do you mean exactly by "dropped"?  The kernel log you posted
doesn't show any USB devices going away, so it's a bit hard to know if
the kernel really thought the device is gone, or the device just stopped
working, right?

Does this keyboard work properly on other machines / operating systems?

thanks,

greg k-h