Re: Request for information how to disable USB bulk endpoint transfer validation

Hello,

On 04/23/2018 11:50 PM, Alan Stern wrote:

In ZWO forums there was a suggestion to revert USB packet validation by applying a "break"
to Linux kernel. With some changes to line locations I have applied the patch below and
camera started to work on a desktop with USB 2.0 host.

The patch you wrote isn't ideal; the one below is better.  In fact, the
code should be like this already.  It was an oversight.
Well, that was not my patch. I have just updated line numbers.

Question: can anyone point what lines should be commented out to ignore packet sizes for
USB 2.0 device, when attached to USB 3.0 host?

As far as I know, there is no way to do this.  USB-3 xHCI host
controllers validate maxpacket sizes in the hardware, not in software,
and there isn't any way to change the hardware's behavior.  But I am
not an expert on xHCI.

Does the camera work when attached to a USB-3 host controller on a
computer running Windows or Mac OS X?

It looks you are right. Camera does not work properly on a Windows computer with USB 3.0 host. So it may be as you said - data is validated by hardware, device does not work and I will have thrown some money out.

Anyway thanks for the help

--

Informatikas - diagnozė, o ne specialybė