Re: Fwd: usb: uas: device reset most the time while enumeration- usb3.0

Am Mittwoch, den 18.04.2018, 12:44 +0530 schrieb Tushar Nimkar:
> On 2018-04-17 12:03, Tushar Nimkar wrote:

Hi,

> I have doubt that sequential scan(scsi_sequential_lun_scan) work well
> for uas device(SCSI>3)..
> Why? As I have seen in most cases failed to enumerate during REPORT_LUN
> command...and there is older way to scan disk is also present,
> so I was thinking to try that.. did following things
>
> starget->no_report_luns = 1  ---> for my target while uas_target_alloc
> (for try)

In general the spec is one thing and reality is another thing.
You can depend really only on what recent versions of Windows do.

> Found it is doing sequential scan but popuating 256 entries in cat
> proc/partiction
> for one disk
> root@OpenWrt:/# cat proc/partitions
> major minor  #blocks  name
>
>     8        0  488386584 sda
>     8        1  488384032 sda1
>     8       48  488386584 sdd
>     8       49  488384032 sdd1
>     8       64  488386584 sde
>     8       65  488384032 sde1
>     8       80  488386584 sdf
>     8       81  488384032 sdf1
>     8       96  488386584 sdg
>     8       97  488384032 sdg1
>     8      112  488386584 sdh
>     8      113  488384032 sdh1
> 			  ........256 total.
>
> ...though it is SCSI>3 device ,it should support both sequential as well
> as REPORT_LUN?

In theory.

> Do not know weather this is the cause for the issue or not ...but if so
> need to think on this too :)

Well, does your original issue go away if you use NO_REPORT_LUN
and does your device have multiple LUNs?

	Regards
		Oliver