Re: [patch 2.6.29] usb: ehci-sched.c: EHCI SITD scheduling bugfix (resend)

On Friday 17 April 2009, Dan Streetman wrote:
> The current EHCI TT scheduler checks any periodic transfers greater than 1
> uframe to make sure each of its fully-used uframes is empty, but there is a bug
> that causes it to not check the last fully-used uframe.  This patch removes the
> unneeded -1 to fix that bug, so the scheduler does check each fully-used uframe
> to verify that it is empty before scheduling the transfer.

That description doesn't quite capture *why* this is a problem.
Like what's the observed failure mode ... how would someone know
they want this patch, or should expect it to solve their issue?

I'm sure I saw a description of an actual failure caused by this...