Re: ASMedia SATA Bridge not enumerating without quirk

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, Menion wrote:

> Would be technically possible that the function uas_use_uas_driver
> checks if the uas driver is loaded (not just configured) before
> telling the usb-storage to leave the device to the uas module?

I suppose that might be possible.  But it certainly would not be a good
idea: The first time anybody plugged in a UAS device after booting, the
uas driver module wouldn't be loaded yet, and so the device would bind
to usb-storage instead of uas.  That's not what people want.

Alan Stern