Re: Forcibly bind a device to UAS

Hi Greg
Yes Orico is a kind of crap, but it is not so easy to find those kind
of devices.
My concern is that we may see one of this crappy implementation of
device, such that it actually supports perfectly UASP but they
"forgot" to set something in the firmware, maybe just the capability
My question was more to see if there is already something in the
USB-STORAGE that allow it or if we may endup in another "quirks" for
addressing these problem
Honestly, with all the concern I can have about Orico, if they advice
the device as UASP capable and the chipset support it, I think it
should really support it in the end
The device is this one: http://www.orico.cc/goods.php?id=6538
Is it possible that the USB host (in my case it is a modern Intel USB
3.1 controller from an Atom embedded PC) play a role in this?
I have another Orico multy bay, older, same JMS567 chipset that show
up as UASP capable