Q: usb_control_msg() parameters

Hello,

I am trying to understand article on reverse engineering usb driver,
published in
http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/7353/print (2004)

I have difficulties understanding the input to the function usb_control_msg()
especially the 0x12, 0xc8 numbers.
I could not find them in the article, then tried even in the delcom
datasheet, but did not find it there too.
These numbers refer to __u8 request, __u8 requesttype , value, and
index, but I could not understand how they are figured it out in the
article.

      usb_control_msg(led->udev,
                      usb_sndctrlpipe(led->udev, 0),
                      (0x02 * 0x100) + 0x0a, <------ ?