USB Gadget capabilities

Hi folks,

I'm trying to identify hardware which has both USB host and USB gadget
capabilities. Unfortunately, in some cases, datasheets are
unavailable, or unclear, claiming only USB host support. However,
digging further, it turns out that USB gadget support is also present,
if one uses a USB A Male-to-Male cable.

An example of this is the RTD1295, which, according to this article
(https://www.cnx-software.com/2017/03/16/how-to-reinstall-android-firmware-on-realtek-rtd1295-tv-boxes/),
which shows up as a device when the Male/Male cable is connected to
the USB3 port at boot time. I'm not sure whether this is implemented
in the boot-loader, or at an OS level.

I have looked in the kernel usb-gadget sources, trying to find any
hints, but was unable to come to a conclusion. I found the Raspberry
Pi gadget functionality supported under the dwc2 driver, and saw the
dwc3 driver as well, with some SoC specific glue layers.

I guess my question is: what should I be looking for to determine
whether a chipset actually supports USB gadget? Does USB3.0 inherently
support USB gadget? Or just any based on DWC3?

Thanks

Rogan