Re: [patch]fix oops in cdc-wdm in case of malformed descriptors

Am 12.04.2009 15:19 schrieb Oliver Neukum:
> Am Sonntag 12 April 2009 13:32:23 schrieb Tilman Schmidt:
>> On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 16:02 -0700, "David Brownell" <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Why is it assuming that altsetting has endpoints?
>>> If that interface uses ISO transfers, then the
>>> first altsetting must not have any endpoints...
>> I'm not sure I understand you correctly. the way I read the spec, the
>> first altsetting may well have endpoints, just no isochronous ones.
>> Namely, I have a device which uses isochronous transfers and which in
>> its fully functional altsetting 3 has (in addition to EP0 of course)
>> two interrupt endpoints (one in, one out) and four isochronous
>> endpoints (two in, two out). In altsetting 0, the isochronous
>> endpoints are absent, in accordance with the standard. The interrupt
>> endpoints, however, do exist in every altsetting.
>
> Please post "lsusb -v"

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0681:0002 Siemens Information and Communication Products Gigaset 3075 Passive ISDN
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x0681 Siemens Information and Communication Products
  idProduct          0x0002 Gigaset 3075 Passive ISDN
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1 Siemens AG
  iProduct                2 Sinus 45 AB isdn
  iSerial                 3 002F970BE0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength          213
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          4 Standard Konf.
    bmAttributes         0xc0
      Self Powered
    MaxPower               32mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           6
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
      iInterface              5 ISDN Interface
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]