Re: Getting Philips Speechmike to work

Hi,

Greg KH schrieb:
> I'd suggest running the evtest.c program on event9 to see what it is
> sending out.  And then if it's reporting things properly, make sure xorg
> is reading from it in order to get the messages that way.
>
> I've attached an older version of evtest.c, you might be able to find a
> newer one on the internet somewhere.

The one you attached is the most recent version I could find.

Unfortunately, it does not give much new information:

# ./evtest /dev/input/event9
Input driver version is 1.0.0
Input device ID: bus 0x3 vendor 0x911 product 0x149a version 0x100
Input device name: "HID 0911:149a"
Supported events:
  Event type 0 (Sync)
  Event type 1 (Key)
    Event code 114 (VolumeDown)
    Event code 115 (VolumeUp)
  Event type 4 (Misc)
    Event code 4 (ScanCode)
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)

The device has 6 keys, so having only two keycodes looks wrong. Pressing
any of the keys does not give any result in evtest.
evtest works for the device's mouse and all other input devices I have.
I guess the kernel for some reason thinks it cannot handle the device
and uses hiddev instead of the event interface. But I don't know if it
/could/ handle it using the hidevent interface (and it only is not doing
so because it needs to know the device id or something) or if it is
really not able to handle it because the device sends strange things.

Philipp