Configuring laptop as slave device over USB-C

I'd like to configure my Dell Precision 5520 laptop as a USB slave
device via its USB-C port so that I can connect it to another computer
and transfer data between them. I'm doing this as a hobby project so I
can learn how to do it.

Is this possible? If so, could you give me pointers on how to do it?
I'm OK with writing code in kernel land (I've never done it but am
interested in learning).

These are the USB controllers on my laptop (the second one is used for USB-C):
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI
Controller (rev 31)
3e:00.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation DSL6340 USB 3.1 Controller
[Alpine Ridge]

Thanks!