Re: [BUG] Kernel 4.14.3-300 breaks Roccat mouse drivers

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 04:15:33PM +0000, Gianfranco Cecconi wrote:
> The issue was solved in kernel 4.14.5. Thanks to anybody who worked on this.

No idea what fixed it :)

> @gregkh, at the time I bought the mouse, the configurable keys did not work
> without the drivers. I did not realise that the Nyth - and all its custom
> functions, shortcuts etc. - had become supported by the kernel natively.
> May I ask you where you have seen that written on the drivers' page? I
> would be only glad to install one thing fewer next time I need to.

The README.txt here:
	https://sourceforge.net/projects/roccat/files/linux/kmod-roccat/
says that the in-kernel drivers should work.  Given that the files on
that web site are from 2013, and there is a full suite of roccat HID
drivers in the main kernel source tree, odds are this is all properly
merged.

Select the in-kernel drivers when building your kernel and see how it
goes!

thanks,

greg k-h