[RFC] Re: usb: gadget: ffs: Fix BUG when userland exits with submitted AIO transfers

(tagging subject more ostensibly as RFC)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 16:18:36 +0000, Vincent Pelletier
<plr.vincent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - This change should have no effect on existing cancel/complete race
>   condition, which I expect is already handled in AIO. If not, then it's
>   yet another ffs_aio_cancel bug, and this commit will get larger...

I think I no understand this part: it does not belong to AIO, but to
gadget, namely usb_ep_dequeue vs. dwc3_gadget_giveback.
There actually is a commentin f_fs.c about this:

  usb_ep_dequeue API should guarantee no race condition with
  req->complete callback.

So I think there is nothing more to do on this point.

> - Should anything be done with the return value of usb_ep_dequeue in
>   ffs_aio_cancel_worker ? Failures to cancel because transfer is already
>   completed or not known should be harmless, but could there be more
>   serious issues lurking ?

>From a quick read of a few UDCs, it seems the only error code (EINVAL)
typically means there is nothing to cancel, so it would be fine to
ignore it.
But I would still prefer some advice here (...in addition to the
larger questions from my original mail).

Regards,
--
Vincent Pelletier