USB mouse blocks tasklets for >8ms every 30s

A user of the bas_gigaset driver reports that while his Logitech Laser
Wireless mouse is connected to the system via USB, ISDN connections
are regularly killed every 30 seconds by the clock. Debugging output
from the driver shows that the two tasklets read_iso_tasklet and
write_iso_tasklet handling the isochronous B channel send and receive
data streams are simultaneously not run for an entire inter-packet
interval, ie. 8 milliseconds. Disconnecting the mouse from USB and
connecting it to the PS/2 mouse port instead makes the effect stop.

Platform is Debian Lenny 64 bit, kernel 2.6.26, on a Gigabyte
GA-EP45T-EXTREME Motherboard with an Intel Core Duo E8600 @ 3.3 GHz.
Beside the Gigaset and mouse, there's a keyboard, printer and UPS
connected via USB, but those don't seem to interfere.

Applying a patch I have in my pipeline to schedule these two critical
tasklets with tasklet_hi_schedule() did not help.

Any idea what might be the cause of that problem and how to avoid it?

Thanks,
Tilman

--
Tilman Schmidt                    E-Mail: tilman@xxxxxxx