MUSB Error Handling

We have a situation where occasionally the USB glitches where the D-
glitches low at or near an end of frame (EOF) or end of packet (EOP).
We're using the TWL4030 with MUSB on an OMAP3 processor.  We cannot
tell where the glitch is originating.

 We're working on resolving this in both hardware and software, but I
was hoping someone might have some insights on how to address it in
software.

We created a special test fixture to force the D- low for a moment
during the EOP and EOF to attempt to compare the handling of other USB
controllers and/or USB hubs.  The reason I think it's unique to the
MUSB controller or the TWL4030, because we cannot reproduce this issue
using other USB controllers and/or other USB controllers handle the
error condition.

On an older, 3.0.x kernel, if we get a glitch on D-, the MUSB
controller may become unresponsive to the point where a reboot becomes
required.

Testing this similar scenario with the 4.14-RC kernel, the MUSB
controller drops the connection and re-enumerates almost immediately,
which indicates to me that the error handling is getting better (or
the glitching is reduced somehow).  I have not seen a reboot be
required.

If I connect the same USB devices to a USB Hub and/or other USB
controller and attempt to force this same condition with the test
fixture, the high level USB code does not notice there is an error.
There is no disconnect, no hanging, no loss of data.

I am not a USB expert, but it seems like we might be able to handle
the error in software and/or retry if necessary without dropping the
connection.  Might someone have any ideas or thoughts on how we might
be able to tweak the software?

thanks

adam