State of USB-C PD on the linux kernel

Hello everyone,

I see this is primarily a development mailing list, but I didn't find a
corresponding users mailing list. If there's a better place to ask this
question, just let me know.

What is the state of USB-C Power Delivery on the Linux kernel? Does it
even need software support, or is it just a hardware-related feature? I
have recently bought a mainboard with a USB-C connector that is capable
for Power Delivery up to 100 Watts. The system is running 4.13.9-1-ARCH.
May I expect this feature to work, or is this still work in progress?

Thanks for any information, as I couldn't find anything regarding this
topic on the web.

Regards,

L. Rose