Re: the imfamous asix ax88179 iommu error

Hello,

Just reporting that it looks like this patch may fix the error (so
people having issues with VIA controller hosts may also want to try it):

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/iommu/2017-September/024371.html

It appears that my ax88179 is working just fine now with the vendor
driver. So perhaps it's possible to revert the old commit in the linux
kernel and allow the use of scatter gather ? (perhaps for non-intel
hosts ? I'm not sure if this device is effected by intel xhci errata)

commit: e2ed511400d41e0d136089d5a55ceab57c6a2426

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=e2ed511400d41e0d136089d5a55ceab57c6a2426

ethtool -k enp2s0u1u4
Features for enp2s0u1u4:
Cannot get device udp-fragmentation-offload settings: Operation not supported
rx-checksumming: off [fixed]
tx-checksumming: on
	tx-checksum-ipv4: on
	tx-checksum-ip-generic: off [fixed]
	tx-checksum-ipv6: on
	tx-checksum-fcoe-crc: off [fixed]
	tx-checksum-sctp: off [fixed]
scatter-gather: on
	tx-scatter-gather: on
	tx-scatter-gather-fraglist: off [fixed]
tcp-segmentation-offload: on
	tx-tcp-segmentation: on
	tx-tcp-ecn-segmentation: off [fixed]
	tx-tcp-mangleid-segmentation: off
	tx-tcp6-segmentation: off [fixed]
udp-fragmentation-offload: off
generic-segmentation-offload: on
generic-receive-offload: on
large-receive-offload: off [fixed]
rx-vlan-offload: off [fixed]
tx-vlan-offload: off [fixed]
ntuple-filters: off [fixed]
receive-hashing: off [fixed]
highdma: off [fixed]
rx-vlan-filter: off [fixed]
vlan-challenged: off [fixed]
tx-lockless: off [fixed]
netns-local: off [fixed]
tx-gso-robust: off [fixed]
tx-fcoe-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-gre-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-gre-csum-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-ipxip4-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-ipxip6-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-udp_tnl-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-udp_tnl-csum-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-gso-partial: off [fixed]
tx-sctp-segmentation: off [fixed]
tx-esp-segmentation: off [fixed]
fcoe-mtu: off [fixed]