Re: Interfacing a camera to UVC

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is already a working UVC kernel driver that talks to the correct
> userspace api (which is V4L), in the kernel tree.
>
> So I strongly recommend looking at the code we have today if you have
> questions about it.  What exactly is not working for you with what we
> have?
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

I was not clear about new cameras/camera sensors. If I have a
camera/camera sensor that is not listed in
http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/, do I need to write a new v4l2 driver
which in turn will communicate with UVC? Do I modify UVC itself to add
a new camera/camera sensor? Or does the camera/camera sensor need to
comply with some sort of standard in order to be UVC compatible (i.e.
I don't have to write any drivers).
--
Rail Shafigulin
Software Engineer

--

*ESENCIA TECHNOLOGIES, INC.*3945 Freedom Circle, Suite #360,
Santa Clara CA 95054