Driver for ov7251 sensor

I need to write an interface for an ov7251 sensor to the UVC (USB
Video Class). Never done this kind of work before (UVC and video
drivers) and hope someone could point me in the right direction.

1. Is it even possible to do?
2. I did find some drivers for OmniVision sensors in
http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.13-rc7/source/drivers/media/i2c/soc_camera.
Are these drivers separate or they are interfaced to UVC?
3. Can someone point me to a simple example of on how to extend a UVC
driver to support the sensor? I did find the following
https://github.com/cyboflash/uvc-gadget/blob/ff349f19b69950669c4ef9c8eb92e760ea45fdea/README#L88-L102.
Not sure though how I would interface it with the sensor.

I understand that the questions seem simplistic and too broad, but as
I mentioned I've never done this kind of work before and would greatly
appreciate any pointers.

--
Rail Shafigulin
Software Engineer

--

*ESENCIA TECHNOLOGIES, INC.*3945 Freedom Circle, Suite #360,
Santa Clara CA 95054