Re: new usb LTE modem device

On August 8, 2017 9:22:29 PM CEST, Giuseppe Lippolis <giu.lippolis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> But we already have many Sierra devices with 2 QMI interfaces (the
>3rd one
>> is documented and verified non-functional for unknown reasons). And
>these
>> tend to come with multiple OEM device IDs.  So a whitelist method
>could
>> reduce the number of matching entries considerably.  Feel free to
>submit
>> patches if you like :-)
>
>Dear Bjorg,
>I'm going to prepare the following patch.
>If you think it is ok, I will build and test it and if working I will
>submit it.

The qmi_wwan part looks fine to me. But you
will need to split it in two patches since the two
drivers are parts of different subsystems.

The option driver use interface blacklists
instead of multiple match entries. You should
probably follow the same style there. But this
is up to Johan...

Use the get_maintainer script to figure out
where the patches should be sent.

Bjørn