Re: Linux USB-Serial and DSR flow control

On 2017-06-27 10:00, Johan Hovold wrote:

Sure, thanks. I'll send you my address. I assume the firmware is free
software?

Cool, you're welcome. As it's just a modified version of the LUFA USBtoSerial example project, it will be under the same MIT license. I prefer GPL myself, but close enough I reckon.

Yes, this shows the notification being split up in two transfers (due to
the endpoint size of 8 bytes), something which wasn't supported by the
driver before 4.12.

Ah, now I understand the problem.

         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes

So here's the source of the issue.

That sounded like something I could fix on my end.

        wMaxPacketSize     0x0010  1x 16 bytes

Lo and behold, now it works on older kernels just as well!

Thanks again for lending me your keen eye. I need to get some other unrelated stuff out of the way (and order a few parts I'm out of) so I can make a board for you and then it's time to document so that people can make their own.

Cheers,
Zaerc.