Re: USB hub clear POWER feature -> device still in 'lsusb' ?!

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:40:58PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
[snip]
> But this weird combination between sysfs on the one hand side and
> directly issuing USB hub control requests via uhubctl on the other side
> really looks ugly.  Is this really how one is supposed to power-cycle a
> USB device?  It doesn't seam like such a completely odd requirement,
> does it?

I knew I'm not the only one having to deal with ever-s(t)ucking USB modems...
For the time being issue was "solved" either using dedicated USB controler
for modem, where toggling VBUS does the trick or putting modem into the
HUB with devices which can be safely restarted randomly (from their point
of view) together with modem - powering whole HUB down for a while.

But, in your case, wouldn't it be easiest solution to wire USB device
unplug in hardware? I hope I understood well you built your own HUB
device.

Best regards,
	ladis