Re: [REGRESSION] Failed network caused by: xhci: switch to pci_alloc_irq_vectors

On Fri, 19 May 2017 06:08:56 -0400
Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > But other configs on this same hardware work, can you do a diff of a
> > working vs. not working?
>
> I could probably run my config-bisect and see what it comes up with.

ktest config bisect ended with:

***************************************
Found bad config: CONFIG_PCI_MSI
***************************************

diffconfig good_config bad_config
-ENA_ETHERNET n
-FM10K n
-GENERIC_MSI_IRQ y
-GENERIC_MSI_IRQ_DOMAIN y
-I40EVF n
-INTEL_IOMMU n
-IRQ_REMAP n
-IXGBEVF n
-LIQUIDIO_VF n
-NFP n
-PCIE_DW_PLAT n
-PCI_MSI_IRQ_DOMAIN y
-VMD n
 PCI_MSI y -> n

When that is not set, it fails to boot. It boots fine if I enable it.

-- Steve